Thank you! Your message was sent successfully and we will contact you shortly.
When choosing what type of label you need, it’s important to think about the conditions the label will be exposed to during every step of its lifespan, from shipping to storage, and finally potential removal.
It is also critical to know what kind of material the label must adhere to, as different adhesives work best for specific materials.
Having the right information to hand when you contact us means we can quickly advise you on the perfect self-adhesive label.
So, if you’re not sure what type of self-adhesive label you need, here is a checklist of things you need to think about :
• How will the label be used - what is its purpose?
• Will the labels be used indoors or outdoors?
• Do the labels need to withstand different temperatures? Are they being used in a freezer for example?
• What type of material are the labels being applied to? Cardboard, Wood, Plastic, Metal, Glass?
• How and where are the labels stored? (correctly stored labels should have a shelf life of 2 years)
• What type of material is the label made of? (known as Facestock or Film) Paper or Synthetic? Does it need to be gloss, matt or fluorescent?
• What type of adhesive do I need? Permanent, Peelable, Ultra-Peel, Freezer, Security? It’s really important to make sure that the adhesive used is the right one for your particular label application.
• Does the information printed on your label need to be protected from heat, cold, frequent handling, or chemicals and liquids?
The perfect label goes beyond just an eye-catching design – you also need the best adhesive materials for the label to do its job. Choosing the right material and application technique will ensure that every label sticks long enough for it to be effective.